Tuesday 2 July 2013

Day 4

100 miles down and 50 to go.  Still cannot believe I have now done 4 marathons in 4 days with lots of weight on my back, through some of the most impossible land imaginable. Today I felt really good, as if I am actually feeling stronger as the week goes on, although I did roll my ankle pretty bad on stage 2 of 4 on this ridiculous rocky terrain. In any case, I was able to shake off the pain (with a Iittle help of adrenaline) and finish 20th on the day. The terrain for stage 4 today was perfect, an asphalt road through a village, which is basically what most of my training involved. I was able to cruise in the final10k in just under 55 mins, which I am really happy about after 3.75 marathons in 4 days and with about a 15 pound bag (still more than what some started the qweek with). I was able to catch and pass 3 people on the stage that had about a 10 minute head start on me. So now, the ankle is a bit sore, but I elavated as soon as I got back to camp, and I jumped in a nearby river with some other competitors for what was essentially an ice bath for my legs bec we are so high in the mountains now. Now I have my compression socks on. I have to say, my lungs felt really good today and the elevation was hardly noticable. 

I also spoke with the photographer today because he was looking to get some pictures of me...he did get some today on the course so I imagine they will be posted soon. One other note: my tent mates are awesome and they have been really helpful. 

Well, off for now. Tomorrow is the brutal stage that I am told will really test my limits beyond imagination: about 50 miles, which I assume will take at least 13 plus hours. After that I am pretty much done. So wish me luck and send some messages that I can read on friday (my off day, I hope). Thanks fop all the support. It really means a lot. One other thing: V is having a good tme also, although I dont see much of her because she is so busy. Almost done now...let's get'er down!

No comments:

Post a Comment